Designed to limit ankle motion in the management of footdrop
- Prevent tripping and foot slap with foot drop following stroke, spinal/nerve injury and tendon rupture
- Touch tape closure
- High fatigue strength polypropylene that can be modified by health professionals
- TGA Registered: ARTG No 135334
Grenace™ Anterior Trim A.F.O.
- Trim lines are more anterior than leaf sprint type. this increases rigidity and therefore greater resistance to dorsi and plantarflexion; and reduced medial and lateral foot ankle movement.
- Indicated for patients with increased tone or lateral instability.
Grenace™ Leaf Spring A.F.O.
- Plastic is trimmed well back behind ankle allowing some flexibility in the sagittal plane
- More ankle dorsiflexion and limitation of undesirable plantarflexion
- Indicated for patients with flaccid footdrop
Note: These A.F.O.s fit most but not all patients. Where other foot deformities or complex problems exist, consult an orthotist. Some minor reshaping can be achieved with the use of a heat gun.